HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bannor
Friend
Friend

PostSubject: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:38 am

http://www.tomshardware.com/picturestory/547-mmorpg-everquest-world-of-warcraft.html

A summary of 20 MMORPGs, interestingly Aika isn't in there, but Rappelz is :D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amor
Friend
Friend

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:52 am

no ty ;-)

no more MMOs for now..

?!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bannor
Friend
Friend

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:16 am

Same here, at least until BSG Online goes live XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Undercover
Friend
Friend

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:04 am

Screw MMORPGs D:<

LoL got me into DotA-style gameplay :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ichi Exorz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:34 pm

MMO's own...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bannor
Friend
Friend

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:17 am

Quote :
Congratulations! Your application for the Basic Flight Training was successful. You have been granted full access to the official Closed Beta for Battlestar Galactica Online.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HolyDevil
R7
R7

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:03 am

aika not in it ? well reason for that : all MMo lists are biased to the person who plays it. so yea

Friend
Friend

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:14 am

Well maybe they'd never heard of Aika? Still, who gives a damn about Aika, I'm gonna be testing out the closed beta of BSG Online tonight

Well, I played it... and it's really not all that. You would have to be a REALLY serious fan of the re-imagined TV series to enjoy BSG Online. The visuals are OK and faithful to the original, but the gameplay consists of clearing star systems of enemy mining operations so you can control them and mine them yourself. This is all very well, but forget about soloing. I blew up a few asteroids and a couple of Cylon ships then I was bored. I didn't even get bored with Rappelz that fast. I guess it's really not my kinda game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Undercover
Friend
Friend

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:48 pm

Bannor wrote:
Well maybe they'd never heard of Aika? Still, who gives a damn about Aika, I'm gonna be testing out the closed beta of BSG Online tonight

Well, I played it... and it's really not all that. You would have to be a REALLY serious fan of the re-imagined TV series to enjoy BSG Online. The visuals are OK and faithful to the original, but the gameplay consists of clearing star systems of enemy mining operations so you can control them and mine them yourself. This is all very well, but forget about soloing. I blew up a few asteroids and a couple of Cylon ships then I was bored. I didn't even get bored with Rappelz that fast. I guess it's really not my kinda game.

Aw, poor ban ban. Want a hug? (>'.')>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bannor
Friend
Friend

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:35 pm

OK but I'm still not marrying you... O_o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Undercover
Friend
Friend

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:52 am

Bannor wrote:
OK but I'm still not marrying you... O_o

Lol, I lab eet when u make jokes like dat. Almost sounds leik ur serious, even.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bannor
Friend
Friend

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:36 am

Tom's put up a second list of games as a follow-up article. Still no mention of Aika, but Flyff is in there, as well as Requiem and Perfect World.

http://www.tomshardware.com/picturestory/556-ultima-online-mmorpg-eve-online.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Undercover
Friend
Friend

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:12 am

Lol, played a lot of the games in dat list.

Requiem is HARD e.e
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caliburn1
Friend
Friend

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:59 am

I downloaded Vindictus. After installation, short update, hours to find working proxy server and finally running the game I was stunned. Gameplay reminds more Devil May Cry than a MMORPG game. Then after defeating training boss you can choose your name, height, hair color, etc. I was staring at my pally in kickass white angel-like armor for good 30mins. After creating a char and finally logging into the game, I was kicked in da face by cruel reality. 'You have been disconnected from the server'. Yes, proxy server went down. After I found another and started the game again, I compeleted some newbie quests. There aren't many skills in this game, you have to depend on your reflex and experience. Time for a dungeon. You can choose 1 of countless missions, set difficulty and you can gain additional points if you complete it within 20mins, your armor won't break, etc. I started with normal difficulty, solo ride. The feeling of charging into a group of mobs while throwing stones on them, kicking, grabbing and smashing on wall is just priceless. Fighting a boss is the best part tho. You can just charge straight at him praying your shield (in pally's case) won't break too fast or throw things at it from the distance and do a combo while it's stunned after getting hit by something big. A 'secondary weapon' is really handy thing they added to the game. You can buy spears to throw, chains to pull mobs and other stuff. In the dungeon you can grab enemy's weapon and use it as your own, or just throw it at a mob running towards you. The bad thing is you have to have a nice PC and connection to run this game without lags. When you create a party you become a host, so lags in party mainly depend on your connection. With my 1 mb/s I can only solo due to proxy server. The game is still worth a try. 8,5/10.

I'll upload few screenshots later
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://patro6.deviantart.com/gallery
Bannor
Friend
Friend

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:30 pm

TL, DR
:D

*looks at screenshots*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caliburn1
Friend
Friend

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:42 pm

I just got home :p
Here are the screenshots (and yes, I'm playing chick, like always ]:D)

Character creation

*drools*

My newbie pally

Random people

Fighting boss

(there's football event atm xD)

(meanie boss destroyed both my helmet and upper armor! DX)

I'll upload more tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Undercover
Friend
Friend

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:26 pm

Hmmm, those screens look pretty, might check it out later.

I mean, not as pretty as Minecraft ofc, but it's close.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caliburn1
Friend
Friend

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:37 am

Pew, he can fly!

You can't make that cool dust with a shield in rappelz :p

*grabs and pulls*

is the wall hard enough?

Yes, it is.

I usually miss but it looks cool

This is...

SPARTAAAA!

I think it hurts when they get hit by a flying barrel

Back breaker!

Hidden Dragon style: The ultimate mob throwing technique!

You really don't want me to come closer, believe me.
Back to top Go down
Bannor
Friend
Friend

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:34 am

That spiky ball must hurt coming out your arse?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caliburn1
Friend
Friend

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:54 am

lol i haven't noticed it
Back to top Go down
Undercover
Friend
Friend

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:06 am

How do u not notice a big spikey ball on ur butt?

Leik, ur butt must be really, really numb.

Btw, why are you playing through a proxy? Do they have region bans or something?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
B3reth0r
Friend
Friend

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:09 pm

Undercover wrote:

Btw, why are you playing through a proxy? Do they have region bans or something?

yas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Undercover
Friend
Friend

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:52 pm

Oh. I'll pass then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caliburn1
Friend
Friend

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:05 pm

So, here's a new episode of Vindictus...

Everyone is saying 'Skyrim this, Skyrim that', so I checked it out. It was decent. Nothing great. Then I saw this video...
Nexon:

This game is becoming more and more epic. Can't wait to kick these dragons' asses with my Evie @.@
Back to top Go down
Bannor
Friend
Friend

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:32 am

How about this one?

Also:

(bearing in mind that it was my gf that bought me the collectors edition for Christmas, complete with big plastic dragon statue)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...   

Back to top Go down

If you're stuck for ideas on other MMOs to try...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1